Major Appliances/Noisy freezer

Question
I have a 28 year old Montgomery Wards upright freezer, model # FFT-4931-07A. When it is running, there is a relatively high pitched rattle, similar to BBs or ball bearing being shaken in a can. I assumed it was the evaporator fan, but I can't even find it to check it out. Is there one? Or is this a sign that the compressor is beginning to fail? It appears there are no parts available anyhow, but I would be grateful for any hints.

Answer
The fan is located in the freezer section behind the inside rear panel if there is one.  I do not have the look-up for Montgomery ward but if you can get all the numbers off the fan motor itself, we may be able to help in that fashion.  Let me know if I can help further.  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion