Major Appliances/Noisy freezer

I have a 28 year old Montgomery Wards upright freezer, model # FFT-4931-07A. When it is running, there is a relatively high pitched rattle, similar to BBs or ball bearing being shaken in a can. I assumed it was the evaporator fan, but I can't even find it to check it out. Is there one? Or is this a sign that the compressor is beginning to fail? It appears there are no parts available anyhow, but I would be grateful for any hints.

The fan is located in the freezer section behind the inside rear panel if there is one.  I do not have the look-up for Montgomery ward but if you can get all the numbers off the fan motor itself, we may be able to help in that fashion.  Let me know if I can help further.  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business