Major Appliances/OLD ge oven timer/built in ovens 1965

QUESTION: It had a humming for a long time. Now timer buzzer is going off.
I can't turn dials--too old.
Built-in ovens about l965. Can't find model #.
I have looked behind panel and there are 3 connectors into clock area. Two Red. One that might have been white yrs ago, but now sort of a pale greasy orangy color.

I have got to stop noise.
Do I need to cut breaker off?
Can I pull out the three connectors and stop the noise?
Do they need ti be coved with blk elec tape?

ANSWER: Shut the power off and then disconnect the clock assembly by removing one of the motor wires going to the clock assembly.  Tape this wire up.  Restore power and noise should be gone.      Good Luck, Eric

QUESTION: Which wire? There are 3 connectors that plug in.

Gain access to the rear of your clock assembly.  Once there, find one of the wires going to the motor of your clock assembly.  Disconnect this wire and tape.  I can;t tell you more because I cannot see your unit and you did not supply a model number.  GE literally made thousands of units over the years.  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business