Major Appliances/waher wont spin

Kitchen Aid superba washer. Model #KAWS850GQ1. I came out this morning to spin out the water in the machine and it sounded funny while spinning. It kept stopping and starting then after a few minutes just quit. It will not do anything no humming or anything in any spin mode on the timer. It fills I just dont want to fill it up in case the motor died. Is that possible this machine is hardly used. Please help me. I am very good at mechanics just need some advise. I see on the schematic there is a capacitor for the motor to start.

First thing I would check is the lid switch.  If this switch breaks, it will not drain or spin.  When replying, Does the machine actually agitate?  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business