Major Appliances/Whirlpool Washer "Moaning"

We have a fairly new Whirlpool Cabrio washer model number WTW5640XW0 that makes a "moaning" sound when the drum turns on start up and during spin. This sound seems to be getting louder over the last couple of weeks.

What could cause this and is there an actual repair manual for this machine? I have the manual that came with it but nothing listed in the troubleshooting section describes the problem.

Describe moaning please.  Does it sound like a bearing going out on the machine and even louder in the spin cycle?  Is the machine complete it's loads?  With the machine off and empty, does the tub turn freely without any resistance at all?  Can you tell if the machine is floating?  I can probably come up with a manual.  Normally 20.00 in download format PDF or I can print a copy and mail it to you for 30.00.  Your choice....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business