Major Appliances/G.E. Washer

Eric, I have a G.E. washer model# WJRR4170E1WW. You had given me some advice some time back and I appreciate it very much. Cutting back on the soap a bit was the main problem especially with using soft warm water. It caused the machine to have trouble draining all the massive soap suds. So cutting back on the liquid soap helped very much. Now my question to you is another thing that this machine does that I believe may be a timer issue. When a load is put in, it fills with water fine, it agitates fine, then it drains fine, but after all the water has drained out, the pump motor just runs and runs and runs well after the water has already been gone for well over a minute, then the drum kicks in as though it's going to spin out, but maybe makes about 2 turns then it stops and the machine starts refilling with water. I try to catch it at that point and cycle it to the second spin out which works good to at least get most of the first wet soapy water out, then I cycle it to begin it's second refill. It works fine during the second refill, agitate, drain, and spin out. Does this sound like a timer issue? If you feel it definitly does then please let me know the cost of a timer for it. Thank you so much again for you time and answer....Jim

Part number for the timer is WH12X10255 and your cost is 114.95 + 8.95 shipping....  Not 100% sure this is your problem as I would definitely take a look at the pressure switch.  Since it works in one of the cycles, I am leaning more to the timer.   That is a decision you need to make as you are there.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this e-mail or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business