Major Appliances/Ice Maker Problem

QUESTION: GE refrigerator ZIC36NAALH Feeler arm not shutting off icemaker When Ice bucket full. Our refridge has the correct ice bin and when you put the feelerarm in the up position the ice maker does stop. However there is something wrong as the Ice does not fill to a point in bin that it keeps the arm up to stop ice making when bin full, What happens is the ice starts to fall out of the ice bin to freezer floor then when you open up freezer drawer Ice comes out all over the floor. This Fridge/freezer is obviously Fridge up top and bottom drawer freezer.
Thank you for your help.

ANSWER: Can you attach a picture showing the freezer door open and the ice bucket and ice maker picture.  I wonder if a wrong arm is on the ice maker....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Ice maker 1
Ice maker 1  

Ice maker 5
Ice maker 5  
QUESTION: Ok here are some photo's. Also as I watched it cycle the other day, I noticed that the feeler arm only went up very little (6 o'clock being down position,3 o'clock being up/off position. The feeler arm was only going to 5 o'clock, doesn't seem right or high enough to shut off when Ice bin get full.

Good looking out....The arm should travel at least to the four o'clock position and on its travel down, hit ice cubes to stop it...Lift the arm up to the lock position.  Now bend the arm outwards so when it is in the downward position, it extends further down.  Now, when it does cycle, it will hit the ice cubes before they come up to far.  Following me?  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business