Major Appliances/Low Water Softener Pressure - Kenmore Ultrasoft 100

We were given a Kenmore Ultrasoft 100 Water Softener for free and I installed it with a neighbor. Everything has been working fine and we are getting soft water. I have noticed though that there is a drop in water pressure. Pressure seems fine when one shower is on but when we turn on a second shower there is a definite drop in water pressure.

Upper basket was not blocked and lower basket was not blocked either. I pulled the whole tube out and checked both. The resin is in small orange beads. I ran super iron out through it last night but didn't see any noticeable difference in pressure. Thoughts?

I really do not work on these units....however, repairing appliances for 36 years, Good pressure in means good pressure out unless there is a mineral deposit build up inside the unit.  I think you got a worn water softener with a build up of mineral deposits inside.  If you need verification, please try one of the other allExperts.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business