Major Appliances/Spring connection lid switch actuator Maytag washer

Our Maytag washer A312 had a broken spring in the "lid switch actuator plunger" assembly.
I have had zero luck trying to find out how to  connect the new spring (part #2-13720) to the plunger unit (part #2-4968) and how the metal actuator bar (part #2-15236) should be located when re-assembling the unit.
Repair shops in Sarnia have had no idea. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

See if this breakdown helps.  If not let me know and I will instruct further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business