Major Appliances/WP dryer gives error 7E

Whirlpool dryer model # gew9260pwo

The pwoer comes on, but dryer will not start. When we press the start button it beeps then clicks, but does not rotate.

The diagnostic test reveals code 7E. All light on dash light up in diagnostics, beeps when door opens.

We have removed toe plate, vacuumed all lint, belt in intact.

I pulled the tech sheet and there is no listing for an error code 7E.  Having worked on may of these units, the most common failure for this unit with the same symptoms is the thermal fuse which is located on the blower housing.  Check this for continuity without any wires attached to the terminals and then while there, the thermistor is on this same housing.  Remove the wires and get me the ohms reading.  I am suspecting one of these is your problem.  Most likely the thermal.  Let me know what you find.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business