Major Appliances/GE wall oven

Question
QUESTION: My GE wall oven model # JTP15 is 14 years old and seems to have two problems. First, the fan is noisier than it used to be and it runs for at least 1-2 hours after the oven has been turned off. Second, I get an F2 error code when I use the self clean feature after about one hour in the self clean cycle. Can you advise if these problems are related, are they worth fixing given the age of the oven, and if I elect to repair, what would an estimated repair cost would be? Thanks.

ANSWER: There are about 25 other models with the same prefix....JTP15.  Please supply the complete model number so I can see your unit exactly.  In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: The complete model # is JTP 15 BOA1BB

Answer
Thanks for the model number.  According to my research, the F-2 indicates an overheating situation.  Your description of the problem and when it happens falls right in place.  Since the fan motor is making noise, it is turning slower and not getting rid of the heat produced by the self cleaning function and the control area is hotter thus causing the F-2.  The oven sensor can also cause this but if I were coming to your home to make the repair, we would first replace the fan motor and then if the problem still exists, replace the oven sensor.  Part number for the fan motor is WB26K5061 and your cost is 79.95 in new or 40.00 in good quality used.  Part number for the oven sensor is WB23X5340 and your cost is 74.95 in new or 38.95 in good quality used.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion