Major Appliances/washing maching knocking

Question
QUESTION: I have a kenmore model#110.92273800 top load wshing maching.  It makes a knocking/ tapping noise when spin cycle starts up.  Not out of balance.  Agitator works.  I checked motor coupling and is fine but found large oil spot on floor. approx. 10" wide.  Reading about refilling the transmission oil and new seal.  Is that possible on this model?

ANSWER: It is possible....Transmission must be removed.  You up for that?  Eric

QUESTION: Yes I have seen the how to video on you tube. Doesn't look too bad.  I guess the other question should be... do you think this is the source of the knocking?  It isn't in time with the spinning of the drum and once the drum comes up to speed it goes away. Would adding oil solve this or is there some internal damage to the transmission?
thanks, Mike

Answer
If the transmission works aside from the noise, you should be okay.  Pull the transmission and then separate the top have from the bottom half.  Once you have gotten this far, take a few pictures so you know how to reassemble.,  Let us know what you find.  We have seals and gears....whatever you need for this repair.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion