Major Appliances/Whirlpool 465 oven won't light well

Dear Eric: I have a Whirlpool 465 Model SF315PEG stove that I recently replaced the spark module on.  It now has started sparking again.  I can see one of the little nipples that fits up in the burner is broken (front right) and the front left is intact, but the burner won’t light unless I let it gas out for a long time and fan it a little.  The two rear burners light quickly.  Do you have any thoughts about what to check to fix the non-lighting problem?  By the way, what is the correct name of the little spark “nipples”?  What is the part number?
Michael Roth

Before getting too involved, I learned a little trick with the oven ignitors.  If you look closely, most often the oven ignitors crack and the spark is not directed to the appropriate area and spark normally against the burner or frame of the cooktop.  Take a little clamp or wrap wire tight around it and then apply super glue on it.  Allow to dry and then try it.  Once this is done, let me know and I will instruct further.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business