Major Appliances/Whirlpool dryer MODEL LER7646EQ1

When I start my dryer it hums for about [3] seconds and shuts down,[it is not turning inside the dryer]. Come back in [5] minutes and it repeats the same. Hums and shuts down. The last [6] drying cycles it RATTLLED very loud sounding like something is loose. After about 30 minutes[with rattling loudly] it would start humming and then auto shut down. NOW it only hums for about [3] seconds and then auto kills itself.

I think the first thing I would check is the idler pulley.  This could be worn badly causing the noise and now your drive belt has actually grooved into the plastic wheel.  To be sure, gain access to the unit and check this for a problem.  With the drum out, try starting the unit.  The door switch must be fooled in order to run.  

If I Can help further....  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business