Major Appliances/Whirlpool dryer MODEL LER7646EQ1

Question
When I start my dryer it hums for about [3] seconds and shuts down,[it is not turning inside the dryer]. Come back in [5] minutes and it repeats the same. Hums and shuts down. The last [6] drying cycles it RATTLLED very loud sounding like something is loose. After about 30 minutes[with rattling loudly] it would start humming and then auto shut down. NOW it only hums for about [3] seconds and then auto kills itself.

Answer
I think the first thing I would check is the idler pulley.  This could be worn badly causing the noise and now your drive belt has actually grooved into the plastic wheel.  To be sure, gain access to the unit and check this for a problem.  With the drum out, try starting the unit.  The door switch must be fooled in order to run.  

If I Can help further....  Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion