Major Appliances/broken motor pulley

Eric : Maytag washer, model # pav2200aww. Broken motor pulley.What is the best way to get old pulley off the motor shaft,so I can put the new one on? Of course I do not want to damage motor shaft. Thanking You In Advance Bob

Not an easy task.  If you have a dremel, being careful, you can cut it off.  We built a steel tube that fits over the shaft and spreads the fingers all at the same time to remove good ones from motors that are defective.  Have you tried to purchase a new pulley.  Not many people have any left, the part number crosses to the entire motor assembly with pulley already attached. We still have a few new ones left if interested.  Part number is 21001506.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business