Major Appliances/Dryer repair

I have a GE DX4500 dryer.  When I turn the start button, the dryer does not start.  Power is on.  Can this starter switch be replaced? Easy or difficult?  Is there a part number to order this item?

There is quite a few other things this could be in addition to the start switch.  Normally the switch is a two wire switch.  Do you have a voltage meter and know how to use it?  First thing I always check is the power coming to the unit.  If I go out on 10 dead dryers, 1 or 2 of them will have household power problems.  Door switch would cause the same symptom.  Contact in the timer assembly, thermal safety thermostat, burnt wire, and the list goes on.  When replying, please include the entire model number found the the inset where the dryer door closes against.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business