Major Appliances/KC

I was finally able to get to my washer this weekend and take it apart. When I removed the tub, the drive block did not stay on the shaft, but came out with the tub and had to be knocked out. It kind of looks like the tabs on the shaft have been cutting into the metal underneath the top of the drive block. It could be just the way it looks, but there are a few metal shavings inside.

Here are pics of the drive block and shaft. There were several pieces of metal shavings on the tabs of the shaft, but the picture makes it look worse than it is.

Might have just popped out.  Put the drive block on the transmission shaft and align the slots with the tabs on the shaft.  Tap down flush.  Next, drop the tub in and then install the nut.  You will have to tighten the nut real tight.  Now try to run it and let me know what happens...     

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business