Major Appliances/KitchenAid KDI 21A Dishwasher not cycling correctly

My dishwasher washes and rinses, and then sticks in the rinse cycle (without refilling with water).

When the 'cancel' button is pressed, it continues for some time (this varies) and then the timer clicks several times before shutting off.

Any ideas on a fix ?  Thanks in advance, Obi Wan.  You are my only hope.

If it does this consistantly in the same spot, I would be looking at the timer.  The original part number is 242960 for the timer assembly and over the years, the part number changed to a 4163551.  I have both of these timers in stock in new and I also have a good quality used timer assembly fully tested for 65.95.  The timer is the brain of the unit and has a series of contact that wear over the years.  Since all functions work, fill, drain and wash, the brain is the area to look at.  Let us know if we can help further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business