Major Appliances/KitchenAid KDI 21A Dishwasher not cycling correctly

Question
My dishwasher washes and rinses, and then sticks in the rinse cycle (without refilling with water).

When the 'cancel' button is pressed, it continues for some time (this varies) and then the timer clicks several times before shutting off.

Any ideas on a fix ?  Thanks in advance, Obi Wan.  You are my only hope.

Answer
If it does this consistantly in the same spot, I would be looking at the timer.  The original part number is 242960 for the timer assembly and over the years, the part number changed to a 4163551.  I have both of these timers in stock in new and I also have a good quality used timer assembly fully tested for 65.95.  The timer is the brain of the unit and has a series of contact that wear over the years.  Since all functions work, fill, drain and wash, the brain is the area to look at.  Let us know if we can help further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion