Major Appliances/Maytag Neptune washer vibrates after moving

Question
QUESTION: My friends recently moved, and their Maytag Neptune washer (MAH8700AWW/10192449GL) started vibrating excessively after the move.  Their friend who helped move the washer said he had moved his washer, and it wasn't necessary to put the shipping hardware back on the washer before moving it.  I've found lots of complaints online about this model washer vibrating, but since the problem on this machine only started after moving it, could moving the washer without the shipping hardware re-installed cause the vibration?  If this is the reason, what exactly happened, and can it be fixed?  Thanks for your help.

ANSWER: What type of a floor did the unit set on prior to moving it and what type of a floor is it sitting on now?  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Thanks for the Reply!  In the old house, the washer was on a concrete floor.  In the new house, it's a wood laminate floor with either plywood or 2x t&g subfloor.  Using a level, the washer is level front to back and side to side in the new house.  The son of a customer where I work owns an appliance store, and he thinks if they moved the washer without re-installing the shipping bolts, it probably broke one or more of the suspension struts/dampers.  The friends who own the washer said that it vibrated some on the concrete floor in their old house.  They had a service technician look at it, and he said there was nothing wrong with the washer.  After they moved, they say the washer vibrates considerable more.  They put rubber carpet under the feet, then wedged Styrofoam around it to keep the washer from moving.  Also, they said the washer has never given an error code.

Answer
If you moved without shipping bolts a strut could have cracked.  Gain access and check these....If not broken, Check the floor.  If you can bounce up and down on the floor with a glass of water on top of the machine, you probably have a problem using a front load washer in that area.  They absolutely need a good solid floor to operate without vibrating.  I thought I had a solid floor with our front load washing machine.  Had to have cement board and tile installed and the vibration went away.  When it does spin, aside from the vibration, is there any other noise coming from the machine?  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

PS Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion