Major Appliances/maytag wide by side ice dispenser

QUESTION: my ice maker makes and dispense ice but the trap door does not open to release the ice. can you help me? thanks

ANSWER: In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: model # mzd2766ges   serial # 15628610aa

First thing you need to do is gain access to the fountain assembly.  Once there, you will see what is broken or can test what is not working electrically.  There is a solenoid that opens and closes the flapper door when depressing the ice activation lever.  I have attached a picture of the fountain assembly and the solenoid is item number 13.  Number 8 is the lever that is secured tot he housing and I have seen the tabs securing this to the fountain break causing a problem with the door opening and closing.  I suspect one of these is the culprit from past experience.  Can you check and see if one of these is the problem?  When you press the activation lever, do you hear any noise coming from the fountain assembly area?  Do you know how this fountain assembly comes apart.  Are you mechanically inclined?  Do you have a voltage/ohm meter and know how to use it to test circuits?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business