Major Appliances/Tappan Stove

Hi, I am going to purchase a 1948 Tappan Deluxe, model AV6657. It is a natural gas stove and I need to convert it to propane. I saw a similar question on here for a Tappan, but it was quite a few years ago and I don't know if the answer would still apply and to a stove of this age. I am wanting to know what the steps are for me to do this and if it is overly complicated? Thank you!

Most often the OLDER units did not need anything to convert the units from natural to propane.  Flip the regulator and screw down the orifices to restrict the gas flow.  If not sure, call in someone local to your area to do this for you.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business