Major Appliances/Dishwasher

QUESTION: I have a 1997 Frigidaire dishwasher FDB949GF serial number TH94263399 When I turn on my dishwasher the lights come on but no water enters the machine.  the machine will go through the whole cycle but nothing happens.  their is some water in the bottom that I can't get out nothing wants to run.  I cleaned out under the sprayer but nothing works  Any ideas what to look for?

ANSWER: Check the water inlet valve.  this is the valve your home water supply connects to.  There are two wires going to the valve.  Remove the connection and stick the probes of a voltage meter in there and then turn the unit on at the beginning of a start cycle.  While watching the meter, allow the unit to run for at least five minutes.  Did the voltage meter ever read 110 volts....give or take?  I need to know this before I can instruct further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: I have 2 wires that go to the switch I put one probe in one and one in the other and it read 122 volts give or take. is that what you want?

Good Job!  Replaced the water inlet valve and you will be fine.  You have voltage going to the valve but it is not opening.  Part number is 154637401 and your cost is 21.95 for this valve.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business