Major Appliances/dishwasher

QUESTION: The dishwasher will not start. There are no lights on the touchpad panel. There is voltage to the door switch and the control board. I'm thinking its the touchpad but not positive.

ANSWER: In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the brand, complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Yes it is a Kenmore stainless steel built-in dishwasher
Model # 58715313000A
Serial # TH21162649

ANSWER: That makes me think the trouble is in the door switches.   Did you test them?  Power is present at the board at all times and power is present at the switch at all times. But if it thinks the door is not latched, there can be no display or motor start because the circuit is not complete.   Sometimes all you have to do is make sure the diswasher has not shifted in  the opening making sure it is square in there and then shut the door with some force and pushing in, if it powers up, bingo.   Make adjustments and your back in business, or check the switches themselves paying attention to the NC and NO notations around the male spades.   Let me know

QUESTION: On this dishwasher you push the buttons to select your was cycles then push the start button. When you close the door the dishwasher starts. I checked for power on both sides of the switch and there was power. The dishwasher display panel cycle indicator lights normally light up when pressed with the dishwasher door open. They don't. I checked for continuity at the touchpad and the needle did not move.

Check for a good connection between the electronic control to the touch pad control.  Even if motor was for instance defective, the touch pad lights would still light up.  Clean remove touch pad connection and clean, reinsert.  Let us know and we will instruct further....   Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business