Major Appliances/rangetop fan

Question
Hello Eric,
We have a modular home of 9yrs. The oven is a gastop range Kenmore. Above that is the typical overhead rangetop fan hood, Broan mod# 40.000-H, 120v, 2.0amps, 160cfm. Now I use the fan every time I cook something, but there always seems to be an oily sludge dripping from the back bottom of the fan vent top. I may have read that these things are never strong enough for the task. So what I'd like to know is, cleaning this thing going to help or is it just a matter of buying a new bigger vent hood? Very frustrating, thanks for your input.
Mike

Answer
If you are cooking a lot of greasy foods....you might want to look into a vent hood that vents outside.  The vent hoods venting inside simply pass through a filter and then out into the kitchen again.  If grease/oily substance is dripping, the innards of the vent hood need cleaning.  There is no oily solutions in the sealed motor and nothing in any fashion could be coming from the unit itself.  It had to be introduced.  Give it a good cleaning and then consider a vent hood that exhausts outside.  Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion