Major Appliances/Dishwasher Not Cleaning

Question
QUESTION: GE Quietpower 3, about 5 years old.  The machine used to clean everything we threw in it.  At first, the items in the upper rack began to come out dirty.  Now the lower too.  Spray arms are clear, water is hot, basket and filter (inside tub) is clear, drain hose is clear with sufficient loop, and I have run vinegar and dishwasher magic through the system.  What next?  Many thanks -

ANSWER: In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Model:  GLD4400N10BB
Serial:  ZR733306B

Answer
One of two things I would check....First of all, the water level after the initial fill cycle.  If water is entering the unit slowly and stopping before enough water has entered the machine, the volume of water needed to pump through the circulating pump is not there so pressure is low...leaving dishes dirty.  This can be caused by a faulty water inlet valve or the screen blocked.  You can see this screen by removing the valve and inspecting the inlet side of the valve.  Next, would be debris in the sump area.  This is the screen on the floor of the dishwasher that must be removed to actually reach down into the sump qand clean it manually. Check these two item and let me know what you find.  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion