Major Appliances/Dryer won't start

Hi, I'm stumped and I'd like your advice on what to test / do next.
I've tested all the following for continuity and all have passed:
1) Door Switch
2) Push To Start Switch
3) Thermal Fuse
4) High Limit Thermostat
5) Heater Element
I can hear the timer working when I switch it to a valid cycle.
The belt is intact. The darn thing just won't start. I have no idea how to test the motor if its the problem.

In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the brand, complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business