Major Appliances/Electric Dryer doesn't blow hot

QUESTION: I have a GE Harmony Profile electric drier
P/N: 3850EL30078
S/N: AG00978M

The drier will periodically put out hot air but it's maybe 20% of the time it's ran. I have checked the exhaust duct (and the exhaust port on the back of the unit) and even ran it with the flex duct detached just to be sure. Plenty of air comes out the exhaust but there is no heat. The fact that it heats sometimes leads me to believe that it's not the heat elements but maybe some type of sensor.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER: I would agree on not being the heating element however I need the model number of your unit to help further....The model number you have submitted to us is incomplete or not correct for your unit.  In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: Sorry I didn't see the model before... It's : DPGT750EC1PL
I ran the diagnostics on the touch screen and it noted that the "blower was not getting up to speed".

Pull out the lint screen and shine a flashlight down in the area looking as far as you can.  I am suspecting this area is partially blocked causing the thermistor to read erroneous values.  Let me know what you find....  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business