Major Appliances/Fridge not cooling after install timer

Installed timer, no problems; Would not run when I plugged in so I turned the button and it started up; turned button to what I thought was 2 thumps but after about an hour still no cooling either side; I feel the freezer blowing air when I open the door but it isn't cool air.
any ideas?
thanks, don goad

ANSWER: Check the compressor behind the unit and tell me if that unit is running.  Eric

QUESTION: nothing running now; plugged it in, did not touch the defrost control button, cranked temp knob all the way up, fridge light comes on but unit dead.

Do you unplug this unit when you see it is not running or is it still plugged in?  If it is plugged in, unplug it and advance the timer manually until you get through the two close thumps.  Plug it back in.  Is it running?  If not, unplug the unit and gain access to the thermostat and then remove the two wires going to it.  Make a little jumper up and connect the two wires you removed from the thermostat.  Isolate them so nothing bare touches anything.  Plug it back in.  Is it running now?  If so, unplug the unit and wait for my instructions.....   

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business