Major Appliances/Kenmore 665.15831791 skips cycle

Question
I have the same problem as another poster  I have not included a link as it might flag me as spam  but if you search for the model number and skips cycles you should see it but there was no remedy.  The first cycle of any of the three settings gets skipped.  It fills and then drains straight away.  The following cycles run normally.  I tried using cold water in case it was detecting over temp.  My theory is that the clean sensor is broken and it senses it as clean but the following cycles do not use sensing.  It is 15 years old and no one has worked on it recently and no plumbing changes etc etc.

It is simple to change and or short out the sensor.  To force it to dirty would the sensor be open or short?  Any ideas which wires it is in the door?

Thanks

Phil

Answer
I do not see a CLEAN sensor on your unit.  I would be looking at the electronic control board as this is the brain of your unit.  You have a thermostat but that is for the heating cycle.  Look under neath the unit for a tech sheet by removing the lower access cover.  Using a flashlight they normally glue and envelope with the tech sheet in this area.  Check this and let me know if I can help further....    Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion