Major Appliances/maytag atlantis spin problem

Question
you helped me solve my dryer problem last month; i hope you can help me with this  ....
this concerns a maytag  Atlantis MAV6200AWW washer, 11 years old.  i had a similar spin problem with it  in  november 2012, and replacing the belt at that time fixed the problem.  I have replaced the belt this time, but that did not fix the problem.  Here is what's going on:
the washer drains, but does not spin. the motor runs, the 3 pulleys underneath turn/rotate.  tub can be moved side to side easily but to rotate it either clockwise or CCW requires force.  will not pick up if you back the timer up and run thru the "spin" portion ....  BUT
if i push in on timer control button (to turn the unit off but leaving it in the spin cycle)  and come back in an hour or so and then pull that button out, the machine starts right up spinning, and goes to end of cycle ok.  THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY TIME I USE THE WASHER.  Some days it does, some days it doesn't .
i suspect a bad lid switch or bad timer.  How would i bypass the lid switch to test (which leads/contacts to jump?). how would i test for a bad timer (there is no buzzing/humming noise from the timer, howerver) ? any/which contacts there would i jumper?  and if not timer/lid_switch, what else might be the problem?
thank you.

Answer
IF the motor is running, the belt and pulleys are turning, the washer should either spin or agitate period.  You need to pull the machine away from the wall and take a close look at the pulley.  Pull the belt and then  turn the pulley by hand.  In one direction, the unit should turn freely which is agitating.  In the other direction, the pulley actually moves and locks turning the whole inner tub.  Does your do this?   You may need to replace  the drive pulley kit...also called a thrust pulley kit.  Part number is 12002213 and your cost is 42.95 for this kit which comes with instructions.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion