Major Appliances/refrigerator issue

Question
Hi Eric,

I have a side by side kenmore. Just moved it to another room.
When I plugged it in it tripped off the breaker. After looking
the bracket that holds the electric plug wire cut into the
cord. I assumed the metal on metal caused the short.
It didn't cut the wire only contact.
I put electric tape and plugged it in.
now, lights come on, fan runs but nothing else.
I'm sure I shorted something out.
Any Ideas on where to begin?
thanks

tim

Answer
First of all, please supply model number.  Lots of manufactures make appliances for Sears.  Next, coincidently, if it did not trip the breaker and the lights are one, the unit might have a mechanical defrost system and the timer is in defrost.  Plug it in and walk away for about 1/2 hour and check it after that time period.  Did the unit fire up and begin getting cold?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion