Major Appliances/Vintage GE Oven Element Replacement

I have seeking a replacement oven element for my 1947 GE 24" Electric Range.

The model number of my range is RS41-74B. The back of the element is mounted in a porcelain type rectangular box which enters through the back of the stove.

Could you please advise me as to where, if possible, I could find a replacement element for my stove??

Thanks for your time and assistance.

ANSWER: Hello Kevin,
         I have very old look-up for GE and it's counterpart Hotpoint.  I have searched the OLDER books and your model number is not listed.  You being outside the United States could be the first reason....Most US Look-ups do not include units from outside the US. Even if we did have it, we do not ship outside the US.  IF you have a US address we can ship to, please email us directly all the info you can find embedded on the old element itself along with a digital picture and measurements.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Thanks for checking your older GE books. However, I am sorry to learn that your service is only confined to the U.S. Such a restriction is rather hard to conceive in these times.

Our Apologies....but we are only four people here and we have tried shipping outside US.  All the forms involved for a single shipment to Canada if not a Corporate Company already set up is very time consuming.  Time involved eats up any profit made on small items.  Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business