Major Appliances/washing machine tub jerks when stopping

Question
Maytag Atlantis washer MAV7600AWW:
I developed a squealing noise when my washer was spinning.  Through internet research I found a similar problem where the person discovered a bobby-pin in the pump making the noise. I removed the pump and found that I had the same issue.  I re-installed the pump and belt. The washer machine ran great with no noise.  However, when it stopped at the end of the spin cycle, the tub jerked quickly as if brakes locked up on it.  The only thing I had done was remove and re-install the pump and belt, nothing with the tub.  The issue occurs with no clothes in the machine.  Any thoughts on what "failure" I could have injected while re-installing the belt and pump?

Thanks,
Kevin

Answer
Try running it with wet clothing in the unit.  The unit you have does have a very quick braking system.  There are even times it squeaks when stopping.  Nothing to concern yourself about.  Cleaning the brake assembly will resolve this.  Not an easy task however....LEt us know and we will instruct further.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion