Major Appliances/Whirlpool Fridge not working

Question
QUESTION: Eric
the last thread would not let me respond; only thank/rate; plus there was no image attached. I'm attaching your last thread.

Hello Don,
        At this point I am thinking one of two items.  The defrost control or the thermostat.  Lets try the defrost control first as this is the most common.  Take a look at the attached picture.  Open  the refrigerator door and look in the area I have drew an arrow to.  There may be a cap covering this hole and if so, remove it.  Next, take a flat headed screw driver and insert it into the hole.  Turning the screw driver clockwise, advance it to the cooling cycle.  You will know because the refrigerator will fire up.  Sometime it is difficult to catch the ribs on the control to turn....persistence....you will hear it clicking as you turn the dial with a screw driver....next an audible thump.  This is defrost.  We do not want to be in defrost, turn a few more clicks and another audible thump.  This is cooling.  Unit should start.  If not and be sure to do this after the first test....with the back end of a screw driver, tap sharply the control knob that has off on it.  the knob that shuts the unit down.  Did this start the unit?  Let me know which procedure fired the unit up?
thanks, don

Defrost
Defrost  
ANSWER: Reattaching the picture   Eric

QUESTION: Eric
I screwed up; I pushed too hard on the control button; pushed it up inside the fridge. Button is loose and dislodged. I was trying get a good hold with the flathead and just pushed too hard. BUT, before I did that, the fridge started running when I plugged it in. Started right up. The fridge does turn on/off with the control knob and when I turn the dial from off all the way to 5, the highest setting, it does not click or thump. The picture you sent, it looks like I can drop that top assembly panel to get access to the defrost control button. Do I need to put it back in place or is it likely I've broken it?

ANSWER: You need to replace the defrost control.  This was your problem to begin with.  In the back and forths, you model number disappeared.  Please supply this and I will supply part number, pricing and availability.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Eric
Whirlpool model GD2LHGXKQ00, Ser SL2827351. Is T'stat in same area as defrost control, and if it is should I replace it too?
Is Defrost control self explanatory when I get in there...any tricks I need to be aware of?
Also include price for 2nd day delivery.
Thanks, Eric

Answer
Defrost
Defrost  
The timer is part number 482493 and your cost is 24.95 + 7.95 shipping in the United States.  I have attached a picture of the timer you would be replacing.  When you say T'stat.....Are you speaking of the cold control or the defrost thermostat?  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion