Major Appliances/whirlpool washer

Question
This 28 yr old just burned up the belt.  Ordinarily I set it on regular 14 minute cycle but had forgotten to unload so ran an 8 minute instead.  I smelled burnt rubber and assumed the transmission had locked.  The agitator wouldn't budge by hand and it was full of water.  The dial had stopped around 2 minutes which seems odd.  Wouldn't the timer ordinarily run to the off position in this instance as it had plenty of time for it to complete the cycle?  Is it possible somehow the timer motor stopped at a critical point and locked up the transmission so that all I need is the timer motor? If it is anything more complicated I'll just get another one but if that's all I will replace the timer motor.  Thanks much

Answer
In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion