Major Appliances/Bosch Dishwasher Error Code 25

Question
QUESTION: Hello there. My Bosch dishwasher at the end of cycle is displaying an E25 on the display panel. Recently we have noticed the pump motor is humming a little more than usual after it has drained the unit. I have run some cleaner through the dishwasher, have removed and cleaned the filter screens, and have sucked out any sediments from the bottom of the pump area with a shop vac. Have also shot air into the unit from the drain tube and it appears to be unobstructed. I turned the power off at the breaker panel in hopes that it would reset. It did not. I disconnected the drain hose and the unit seems to be draining OK. Is there anything else I need to check to get this error code to clear. At this point I am not certain my dishwasher is performing as well as it should. Thanks for reading my way long question.

ANSWER: You need to gain access tot he sump area which is normally a problem with this error code. Do you know how to do the ?   You will need a special torx bit to gain access...  Once accesses, check there for anything obstructing the flow of water....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Thanks for your reply. I am assuming the sump is below the pump impeller. I can access the tip of the impeller from the top. Do I have to pull the dishwasher to access the sump? I have some torx bits. I forgot to include my dishwasher is Bosch SHEGAP05UC/6. I really appreciate your help.

Answer
I normally pull the unit and then lay it on its back for easy access to all the components.  These tall tub dishwashers do not give much access to the items underneath.  If properly installed, the water line, electric and drain are long enough where you do not have to disconnect them.  If not, now is the time to install it properly.  We are looking for an obstruction or a worn impeller in the pump assembly caused by it chewing on something much harder than the plastic is it made of.  

Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion