Major Appliances/Exhaust fan will not shut off

Whirlpool model GH5184XPT-5 The hood fan recently started while boiling water and now will not shut off, kept on the lowest speed it still runs. What are your recommendations suggestions.  The diagnostic book recognizes this event but doesn't suggest a solution.

Most likely the switch that control the fan in question is defective.  Does the switch feel differently when depressed?  You can always gain access and disconnect a wire going to the fan motor or the switch itself to stop the fan motor from running constantly....Let me know how I can help further

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business