Major Appliances/GE Refrigerator Ice Maker

Question
GE Model # GSS25WSTF

No water goes into the ice maker nor will it come out the water dispenser in the door.  I added water in the ice maker tray and it has not dumped the cubes despite the freezer seems to working normal (very cold).  It appears that the plastic prongs that sit in the ice maker tray to push cubes out are in the "up" position and not in the tray but doesn't make sense that this would have anything to do with the water not coming out the door dispenser.
Any suggestions?

Answer
Sounds like you have multiple problems.  The ice maker and the water in the door have individual water systems.  First thing I would do is turn the water off.  Next, remove the water inlet line coming from your home and place it in a bucket.  Next turn the water on.  Do you have water coming from your home.  Verify this and simply not guess.  I have see these valve go bad quite frequently.  Next, hook your water line back up and try again.  Next, remove the wires going to your water inlet valve and then using an ohm meter, measure the resistance of both coils.  What are these valves?  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion