Major Appliances/Kenmore washer 80 series

Question
Hi Eric. You really sound like someone who knows what he is talking about and, just as important, wants to help us wannabes! From other things you have written,I think my lid switch is bad. I even removed it and it is in pieces, so that also makes me think that is the problem. But there is a little loose copper 2- finger prong with a broken off rivet. Is that part of the connector or the switch? If I order the part will I be able to connect it if this little thing is off?

Answer
Hello Diane....Thanks for the nice compliments....Before I can help, I need to see your unit as you do.  I can only do this if you supply me with the model number of the unit.  In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:  http://www.affordableappliance.com/Tips/modelnumbers.htm   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion