Major Appliances/Kitchenaid Fridge - no lights/controls

Question
QUESTION: My 4 year old Kitchenaid Refrigerator, model number KFIS25XVMS2, is still cooling but the interior lights won't go on (bulbs are good, I checked) and the touch panel above the ice maker is totally dead. It has a circuit board right behind the ice maker touch panel which I suspect is dead but there is also another circuit board and I don't want to replace the wrong part.

Thank you for your assistance.

-Bill

ANSWER: I am going to have to do research on this one.  I am off tomorrow (Dentist) but can continue on Thursday if you still need help.  Reply to this forum and let me know.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: Eric,

Yes, I still need your help.  Is it possible since the lights and control panel are completely "dead" that there is an internal circuit breaker or fuse somewhere  or perhaps even a loose wire?

Thanks,

-Bill

Answer
I did a little research and took a close look at your display on the fountain assembly and I notice there are no transformers on that control which is part number 13053103SP.  This means the main control board supplies power to the low voltage board on the fountain assembly.  I would take a look at the main control board behind the unit part number W10310240 and make sure all plugs are in and inspect the control board any burnt or darkened connections.  IF needed, I do have the service tech sheet for that unit.  You would have to email me directly for that as I cannot send files through this forum....  Let me know what you find and if I can help further....   

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion