Major Appliances/oven burner delayed flame

Question
hotpoint model RGB745GEV3AD serial FS233464P when I turn oven on, glow coil lights, flame on oven does not light for a while and there is a smell of gas. When flame does eventually light it is a small flame (does not shoot out much from the burner as it does by broil burner). I tried wiping off the burner but it did not make much of a difference. Is this a major problem to fix? Is it worth fixing? the stove is 16 years old and has served well for all these years (except for a couple of oven glow coil changes that I was able to do myself).

Answer
Hello David,
         Normally this is an oven ignitor problem.  Not sure if you have and know how to use an amp meter but if you do, check the amperage draw on the oven ignitor after it has been on for at least 60 seconds.  If should draw 2.5 to 3.0 amps.  Most ignitors use the range of 3.2 to 3.6 amps.  Using this one would damage your oven safety valve.  If out of range or just on the 2.4 or 2.5 the ignitor will take long and is on the verge of opening...A smell of gas can occur.  Replace your oven ignitor with part number WB2X9154.  Cost through us is 59.95 + shipping which would be right around 7.95.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  https://www.affordableappliance.com/orderform.php  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion