Major Appliances/Oven sparks then flips the breaker!

Question
Hi, We have had our Frigidaire electric range for about 10 yrs. The bake element went out 2 weeks ago so we replaced it. It was very easy but the wire on the left side was hard to pull off from the old bake element. It worked great for a few days. I preheated the oven a few nights ago and when I opened it to put something in it, it sparked where the bake element screws into the back of the stove. It sparked on the left side, the side that was hard to pull off. When it sparked it also tripped the breaker. When we tried flipping the breaker back on the same thing happened. It sparks in the same place(the left side), flips the breaker and cuts off. What would cause this or make it do this?

Answer
First thing I would do is make sure the breaker is off and then remove the bake element once again and check the connection.  If something tripped the breaker, there will be obvious signs of an arc/short!  Look for this and let me know what you find.  When replying, please supply the model number so I can see your unit as you do.....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion