Major Appliances/How do I remove the timer cover

Dear Expert:

I have a Sears Kenmore 110.29802890 top loading washer, and think I have a timer problem.

It doesn't perform a rinse properly (it drains but doesn't spin on the first rinse cycle. Second rinse seems to work OK.)

I would like to replace the timer, but can't figure out how to get the timer housing off.

Thanks, Mark.

Paying specific attention tot he control control, there is an end cap on each side going from the top to the bottom.  Grab the top portion of the end cap and wiggle it free.  Once off, you will see a phillips head screw driver at the bottom that was hidden behind the cover.  Remove both screws and wiggle the whole console forward and then upwards in the front.  It will swing back exposing the inner controls including the timer.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business