Major Appliances/How do I remove the timer cover

Question
Dear Expert:

I have a Sears Kenmore 110.29802890 top loading washer, and think I have a timer problem.

It doesn't perform a rinse properly (it drains but doesn't spin on the first rinse cycle. Second rinse seems to work OK.)

I would like to replace the timer, but can't figure out how to get the timer housing off.

Thanks, Mark.

Answer
Paying specific attention tot he control control, there is an end cap on each side going from the top to the bottom.  Grab the top portion of the end cap and wiggle it free.  Once off, you will see a phillips head screw driver at the bottom that was hidden behind the cover.  Remove both screws and wiggle the whole console forward and then upwards in the front.  It will swing back exposing the inner controls including the timer.  Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion