Major Appliances/Washer water level problem, and won't spin

My washer would not sense the water level correctly.  I have to manual make sure it is at the right level before starting (closing the lid).  And recently it just won't work, it would wash ok, but during spin cycle, it would only drain the water but would not get to spin, but after a night of rest I tried to turn on spin cycle, it would work.

I getting a feeling that the water sensor might think that there is still water in the tub, and would not let it spin.

ANSWER: In order for us to provide you accurate information and supply you with the correct manufactures part numbers , we will need the complete model number, serial number and batch or series numbers (if applicable) found on a business card size metal/foil plate.  If you are having difficulty locating this identification label, follow this link which will take you to our Website where we have pictures of common locations where your model number ID label can be found.  Here is the link:   Once you have the updated information, please reply to this email.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: My washer Manufacturer is GE profile
Model no. WPRB8050D
About 7 years of use, about 1-2 load a week.

What would be your advice though?  Do you know any technician around Orlando,FL area?  I trying to find out if its worth fixing.

ANSWER: I would take a look at the water pressure switch.  There are testing methods for this switch.  Got a multimeter and know how to use it?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: yes, i know how to use a multimeter, where is the water pressure switch, and what kind of reading am i expecting?

before testing anything.......make sure all the hoses are on snuggly and the connections are snug.  THe water level control is in the control panel at the top.  It is the control that has rubber hoses....  

I think at this point you really need to know exactly....what is working or not working so I can look at the big picture.  Your unit is very complicated and complex.  Not know what you are doing could actually cost you more money than correcting the original problem.  Everything comes apart easily.  Pry NOTHING....  IF you are considering repairing this yourself....locate the service tech sheet in the control panel and it will give you some guide line for troubleshooting.       Good Luck, Eric  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business