Major Appliances/Water Accumulating in Maytag Neptune Front-loader MAH6500

Previously, water has been accumulating in the drum after wash cycles. Over time, the problem got worse, as more water was accumulating. To test the water inlet valve, I cut off both hot an cold water supply to the machine while the hoses were still attached to the machine. After 3 hours, I checked the machine and there was no water found in the drum. 8 hours later,I woke up with a big bang, to find that the washer door burst open with tons (at least 10 gallons I'd say) of water that had accumulated in the drum. How can this occur when there is no water supply to the machine?

The next morning I removed the hoses from the wall, and there is no water coming from the both water faucets.

Does anyone know what is the matter with this machine? If so, what should I do to fix it?

The only possible way water can get into the tub of your washing machine is via a leaking home water supply valve.  Just because you turned off the water supply to the washer does not mean the water was really off and verified.  The home shutoff valve could be leaking allowing the water to still be at the water inlet valve of the washing machine which we already know needs replaced.  Remove the water hoses from the washing machine and then check it in 8 hours.  If there is water in that machine, it would have to be coming in from the drain hose which I seriously doubt if it is normally drained into a standby pipe as recommended by the manufacture.  What is the model number of the washing machine?  Please include the first two digits of the serial number also...  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business