Major Appliances/Water under the crisper drawers

Question
QUESTION: I have an Amana DRT1801BW top freezer refrigerator. Keeps collecting water under the crisper drawers. I looked in the back and in the freezer and do not see the drain tube that I assume is clogged or frozen. Can you tell me where to find it/how to get at it to defrost or clear the tube? Serial # 0105000216
It appears to be a model whose parts are no longer available.

Thank you sir.

ANSWER: The problem you are experiencing is normally a blocked evaporator drain line.  Whether you have a side by side model or a top mount freezer the solution is relatively the same.  Most top mount freezer models have a rear evaporator panel covering the aluminum evaporator coils.  There are some instances where the evaporator coils are on the floor.  These instructions are for top mount freezers where the rear freezer panel covers the evaporator coils.  First of all, if there is an ice maker in your unit, this will have to be removed.  Normally there are two screws which can be loosened and the body of the ice maker can be lifted off the screws leaving only a plug in harness to disconnect.  Remove the harness either from the plug at the left wall or rear of the freezer and set it to the side.  Next, remove all the screws securing the rear panel.  Remove the rear panel exposing the aluminum evaporator coils.  Be careful not to damage these coils as they contain the freon that cools your refrigerator.  If you look closely underneath these coils, there will be ice from frozen defrosted water.  Using a hair dryer and not a heat gun, melt all the ice and sop up the water with a towel.  Now you will see a drain hole which is normally still blocked with ice.  Pour hot water in this hole and sop it up.  Keep doing this until you pour water down the hole and it drains into the evaporator drain pan either under or behind your refrigerator.  Once you have unblocked this drain line, reassemble and plug the refrigerator back in.  Set all controls to the middle settings and  within 24 hours, your unit will be functioning correctly once again.  If you need further assistance, we are here.  Eric Campion

QUESTION: There is no ice maker. The rear side of the refrigerator appears to be a flush panel. Are the chills you describe accessed from inside the freezer?

Also I have looked to replace the meat drawer guides. No place has them.. let me know if you do

Answer
What are you referring to as the meat pan glides.  Is this the upper smaller pan?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion