Major Appliances/Whirlpool Wash Machine WTW5200VQ2

QUESTION: The machine washes and drains properly,but then doesn't fill with water for the rinse cycle.  The process ends at the point.  I can, however, turn the knob to the spin cycle and that works.  Everything works, but the rinse cycle.

The question is...why doesn't it fill with water for the rinse cycle?

ANSWER: Turn your temperature control to a cold cold setting if you have one and then try your unit.  Does it fill at all?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: The machine has a 'cold only' rinse. When the dial was set for Cold, the wash cycle didn't fill, but when the temp was put back to Cool, it started to fill. Yet the rinse cycle spins only ... no water.

I am suspecting the cold water side of the inlet valve is defective.  Part number is W10144820 and your cost is 47.95 + 8.95 shipping through us.  when you set to cold water was nothing happens.  All rinse cycles call for cold water thus, no rinse water on the rinse cycle. I have attached a picture of the valve for your convenience.  Prior to ordering, verify your home water supply valve is turned on and you have water coming out of your home water valve hose.  Should you choose to order, follow this link to our website where you can scroll down and fill out the secure order form to process your order.  If you have any problems, concerns or need further information, feel free to reply to this email or for Parts Order Only, call 570-622-6441.  Keep in mind ordering through us helps continue this free on-line help available for you and many others.  Help those that help you.  

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric & Ann Campion

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business