Major Appliances/whirlpool washer

HI, I have a whirlpool washer Model WTW5200VQ2 on the hot cycle the water is just warm at best,if i turn off the cold water it comes through very hot any ideas thankyou for your help ,Garry

First thing I would check is to see if the volume of water is the same on cold and then when switched to hot.  When using warm, the valve opens both valves and if the hot water has a restriction at the water hose side of the valve, the temperature would be warm at best.  They both have to come in with the same force in order to get a real warm temperature.  When the screens inside the hose attached ends of the water valve and let me know what you find.

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business