Major Appliances/Frigidaire fridge/freezer combo running loud

QUESTION: I have a four year old frigidaire fridge. The freezer and fridge are side by side. About two weeks ago the fridge started running a bit rough. It'll run that way about 30 min or so and then to back to normal. It would improve when the freezer door is open. More things are showing frost on them as well. I thought perhaps it was to full; I cleaned it out and reorganized and it was four days before it made the noise again. Before this it as happening ever 2-3 days.  I have taken things out of the fridge and not added anything else. Thank you for the help.

ANSWER: What kind of noise is this unit making?  What are the actual temperatures in the refrigerator and freezer sections?  This noise.....where is it coming from?  Inside the freezer, behind the unit?  Is it a clicking sound or a continual noise?

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

QUESTION: The freezer temp is zero, the fridge 32.  The noise is continuous and sounds like a motor running rough or kicking into a higher gear. It sounds like its coming from the back of the freezer, though I can't tell if its from inside the freezer or behind the unit completely.  When you open the freezer door, the sound becomes quite a bit less and the volume is be same inside and outside the freezer.
Thank you

It sounds like the evaporator fan motor in the freezing is making the sound, it can be failing or there can be some ice building behind the wall on the coils interrupting it.   You did not supply the model number so I cannot see your unit.   But it is apparent that you will have to take the cover off the inside of the freezer and see what is happening.  It will eventually fail.  

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business