Major Appliances/Whirlpool super capacity 465 oven won't hold temperature

whirlpool super capacity 465 oven model RF366 PXGW0 Temp dial wont go above 270 degrees unless we either hold in the dial or wedge something under the edge of the dial.  We have actually held the dial long enough to bake something. seems to be getting harder to do. Should I replace dial or call a tech?  thank you for your help.  (I dont have a manual for this oven)

You make it should simple.....Unfortunately, the oven dial is connected to the electronic control.  You have two options.  Remove the control and have it sent out for repair or purchase a new range.  The control is no longer available in new.

Here is a company we suggest:

Contact:  Contact Core Centric Solutions For Repair
175 Wall Street
Attn: Rfr Dept
Glendale Hts, Il 60139-1956

Ph:866-737-2244, Fax:630-216-5060;

Good Luck, Eric

Major Appliances

Eric Campion

We have been repairing appliances for over 36 years and have owned our own business for the same. We can help in any or almost all complaints or at least give you some intelligent input to help you make rational decisions. You can visit our website at

36 years owning our business and repairing Major Home Appliances.

Chamber of Commerce. Better Business Bureau. Pottsville Business Association. EXPERIENCE

36 Years of Working on Major Home Appliances and selling parts. Our office staff is top notched in the Major Home Appliance Service and Part Sales Business