Major Appliances/Whirlpool water dispenser not working

Question
QUESTION: Hi Eric,

I couldn't reply to your last response so I had to ask another question.  I've included the original email below.

I did confirm that the ice maker is producing ice.

Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned this but when I try to get water there's no noise or sound at all and I can usually hear something (besides the water). I'm not sure if that helps at all.

Thanks again for all your help!
Kevin

Hi Eric,

The water dispenser in our Whirlpool side-by-side refrigerator (serial # ED2VHEXVB01) just stopped working today.  It was working this morning and then stopped the last time I tried to get some water.  Basically nothing happens at all, not a drop of water.  The filter is about halfway thru a normal cycle and I tried removing it and putting it back.  The ice dispenser does work.  I also checked the water lines and there doesn't appear to be an issue.

Do you have any ideas on what the issue could be?

Thank you very much,
Kevin V.

ANSWER: The actuator may not be making contact with the micro switch or the micro switch has failed.  There should be a little click on, are you not even hearing that?

QUESTION: Hi Eric,

I checked again and there's no noise whatsoever when pressing the water dispenser...

Where are the actuator & micro switch located?  When I look up into the area above the water dispenser and ice maker and press the water dispenser I do see a metal piece being depressed, there's one for the ice and another for the water...

Thank you,
Kevin V.

Answer
The next step is to test voltage at the water inlet valve.  Do you have a voltage meter and know how to use it?  Let me know and we will instruct further....

Waiting to hear from you,
Eric and Ann Campion

P.S. Please keep in mind we help pay our staff with earnings from parts sales.  Help us keep this valuable service free and order your parts from us. Visit our website for additional help at http://www.affordableappliance.com  or for Parts Order Only, Call 1-570-622-6441

Major Appliances

Eric Campion